Sue's Record On CounciL
As a twice-elected Socialist councillor for Moreland Sue has been actively involved in every struggle against injustice from standing up against racism, for workers rights, affordable housing , better public transport and has been a advocate for residents in Moreland and has helped organise with them to help fight for their rights. Some of her achievements whilst being a Moreland Councillor have included.
Safe & Green Environment
- Helped Fawkner community fight development of toxic site.
- Won phasing out of glyphosate (Roundup).
- Saved open space on Merri Creek in Fawkner.
- Campaigned to save trees at Gandolfo Gardens.
- Campaigned to duplicate the Upfield Line for more frequent trains and less cancellations.
- Improvements to level crossing project for pedestrians & cyclists.
- Won pedestrian lights & traffic calming measures in Coburg.
- Advocated for missing link in Upfield Shared Path between Box Forest Rd & M80.
- Campaigned to save Pentridge heritage.
- Opposed Zero Parking developments.
- Opposed rate rises above inflation.
- Stopped outsourcing council’s waste services.
- Stopped sale of Ballerrt Mooroop Aboriginal school site to developers.
- Challenged racism and Islamophobia.
- Supported refugees and asylum seekers.
- Support for affordable housing.
- Not recognising Australia Day.