Covid-19 Cost of Living Pressures
- No rates or fees raised above inflation. Rate relief for households effected by the Covid crisis.
Increase the pensioner rebate.
- No privatisation or outsourcing council services, restore previously outsourced services.
- Council food bank for those in need.
- Support affordable studio spaces for Moreland artists and musicians.
- Council provided and operated Home Care service.
- Fewer poker machines.
- Increase youth services & activities in Fawkner & Glenroy
Safe Streets and Healthy Neighbourhoods
- Improve public transport – duplicate
Upfield train line, extend bus services with increased hours and extend #19 tram route into Fawkner.
- Expand network of safe cycling paths.
- Improve traffic calming for Safe Streets.
- Address safety issues for pedestrians.
- Support tough regulation of toxic sites.
- Control and monitoring of Industrial chemical use in Moreland.
- Protect and preserve our Urban Habitat.
- Increase green spaces for parks & protect green space by the creeks.
- Increase tree canopy on our streets.
- Protect vulnerable residents in heat waves through supports, monitoring and heat relief centres.
Make Moreland a Climate Emergency Council
- Rapidly move to zero local carbon emissions.
- Expand community roof-top solar.
- End fossil fuel use for heating swimming pools
Improved Amenity for Residents
- Create Ballerrt Mooroop indigenous Community Hub.
- Increase funding to improve disability access.
- Provide more facilities and support for homeless people.
- Public toilets and shade in parks and playgrounds
Community Need Not Developer Greed
- Preserve our local Heritage.
- Mandatory limits on building heights.
- Planning laws that force developers to build environmentally sustainable design + 20% affordable &
- Oppose fast-track planning process that limit residents’ right to object.
- Stop zero parking developments.
- Ensuring a Pentridge museum is created.
- Increase genuine affordable housing in Moreland